The Site GM has overall responsibility for all production and internal operations on site. The successful candidate will be responsible for Production, Quality, Health & Safety and costing as well as all budgetary responsibilities within the site. He/She will be responsible for implementing TPM, WCM and Continuous Improvement principles in order to optimize and ensure targeted yields are achieved.
The Site GM will be involved in:
* Managing all conversion operations from through-put to dispatch, in order to deliver production against the Company production plan;
* Define the capacity parameters and identify constraints;
* Support and develop innovation plans within the site;
* Business Unit budgeting and accurate forecasting;
* Achieve OP targets for Volume, OEE, OR;
* Ensure Quality of product is to world class standards and Group standards;
* Ensure QA systems are development and maintained throughout the plant;
As well as:
* Develop and maintain H&S standards and lead staff training and developments;
* Prepare and monitor the site operating plan, budget and manufacturing against targets;
* Ensure machinery are adequately inspected, managed, maintained and upgraded as required;
* Co-ordinate accessibility to resources;
* Staff management and development against performance and training.
The successful candidate will be a South African citizen with strong academic qualifications and come from a refractory and/or iron/steel industry within a managerial position. He/She will also have strong improvement and process development experience. The incumbent will have the ability to engage with diverse demographics and will work under pressure while simultaneously managing a team.
Our Client is a leader in the supply of solid fuels with multiple business units specialising across 7 different sectors. This foreign based entity has recently expanded operations into South Africa with the aim of continuing supply into global markets.
Competitive market related package on offer plus benefits - depending on work experience as well as offering the opportunity to join an international industry leader.