To provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting service to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the risk management, control and governance processes for the business.
* When required, assist the Head of Internal Audit in regularly reviewing the internal audit strategy; methodology; and audit plan to ensure significant business risks and mitigating controls are adequately considered and evaluated.
* Assist the Head of Internal Audit in reviewing and updating the Internal Audit Universe / Integrated Assurance Map.
* Provide assurance to the Board, Audit Sub-Committee and Senior Management through high quality audits and recommendations that add value to the organisation.
* Deliver audits as per the annual risk-based audit plan to time and budget.
* Lead and conduct end-to-end auditing including: planning meetings; preparation of detailed scopes of review, risk assessments and audit testing / work programmes; audit fieldwork; audit close meetings and writing up audit reports for financial, operational, basic IT and project related audits.
* Lead and perform ad hoc and time critical reviews / investigations as required.
* Regularly communicate with the Head of Internal Audit and Senior Operational Management on process and control deficiencies; proposed corrective actions and other value added recommendations (including cost reduction / efficiencies) for each audit assignment.
* Produce clear and concise draft audit reports for review by the Head of Internal Audit.
* When required, provide a first level quality review of audit working papers and files to ensure the audit methodology, policies and procedures are adhered to and supporting documentation evidences the overall audit opinion.
* Perform timely follow-up reviews of audit recommendations.
* Ensure audit assignments take appropriate account of the need for the fair treatment of customers / conduct risks.
* Ensure Internal Audit service levels are met or exceeded.
* Adhere to all corporate policies as well as all Internal Audit policies, processes and procedures.
* Assist the Head of Internal Audit in other required tasks
Technical Skills: Applicant must have a sound understanding of:
* Financial Services' products; regulations; and general systems and controls
* Relevant regulatory / statutory requirements e.g. Data Protection, Financial Crime (AML & Fraud) etc.
* Enterprise-wide Risk Management Processes e.g. (CRSA)
* Friendly Society, Company and other legislation
* Corporate governance and best practice requirements e.g. Combined Code
* Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIIA) Code of Ethics, International Standards and Best Practice Guidelines
* Data Interrogation Software / Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) e.g. ACL and its application (beneficial but not essential)
* Microsoft Office
* Workflow Management Software
Qualifications / Experience:
* CIMA / ACCA / ACA or an equivalent qualification
* Proven audit experience (internal / external) within Financial Services
* Experience at leading / supervising small audit teams
* Proven experience of report writing
* Previous experience of dealing with / exposure to review agencies such as External Auditors, Compliance, Actuaries etc.
Personal Skills and Competencies:
* Maintain a professional, pro-active approach to audit assignments
* Assimilate information quickly and accurately
* Excellent oral and written communications (including excellent report writing and good audit interviewing skills)
* Strong analytical, challenging and investigative skills
* Flexible and adaptable in approach and attitude to audit assignments
Financial services based in Brighton
£40,000 to £45,000