My client requires a qualified Senior Financial Accountant to join their busy team in their offices in the City of London. This role requires product knowledge (particularly in Commodities) and a strong accounting background in Financial Services.
The successful Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
* To ensure the accuracy of the financial information prepared
* To participate in the overseeing of the daily activities within the finance function
* To participate in the preparing and policing of financial controls, maintaining appropriate procedures and that controls are sufficient to safeguard the assets of the company
* Responsibility for overseeing the Product Control function, to ensure P&L's / positions are accurately managed and reported.
* To oversee subsidiary returns and reports (financial and regulatory).
* Review VAT return information for submission
* Daily / monthly tasks covering finance / product control, ensuring that checklists are signed off
* Reconciliation of Balance Sheet and P&L to underlying books and records.
* Review of daily bank reconciliations.
The Senior Financial Accountant will be:
* Organised, self-motivated with the ability to work accurately, efficiently and prioritise under pressure
* Work to deadlines
* Use of own initiative during problem solving and project appraisal, with the ability to work without direct assistance
* Ideally, but not essential, some prior experience of commodity accounting (futures, options, FX), including the understanding and ability to interpret regulatory requirements.
* Ideally, but not essential, prior banking experience
* Previous exposure to multi-currency reporting environment.
* IT literate (good Microsoft office skills including strong Excel skills)
* Ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken) at all levels, internally and externally
* Team player
My client is a leading brokerage service provider, working with clients in a range of markets such as fixed income, equity, and commodity instruments.
This position will be a 3 month contract, with the potential to extend after this initial period.