Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, the Production Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the production plan in line with customer expectations ensuring world class standards are met. Equally as importing will be the development and empowerment of their team of reports ensuring high engagement levels with excellent retention.
* To ensure customer satisfaction across QCDR is consistent with the business sales plan, working to internal KPI targets and driving the highest standards in both HSE and World Class standards.
* To select, develop and manage the performance of resources within the Production Group, taking corrective action as necessary
* Managing the Manufacturing or Assembly departments to ensure that a high utilisation of manpower and capital equipment is achieved
* Supporting planning and scheduling of production activities and supervising the production process
* Apply the company Health and Safety policies ensuring they are adhered to at all times
* A minimum of 3 years' experience working within a precision manufacturing environment
* Ability to understand capacity management and production scheduling
* HND/HNC (or equivalent) in a technical or management subject
* Knowledge of Quality Systems and Standards; ISO 9001 , AS9100
* Experience in working with ERP/MRP Systems
* Proven historic experience of managing people; up-to 30 maximum
* Supervisory qualifications (e.g. ILM level 3)
* ISOH Managing Safely qualification or equivalent
* Certificate in Operations Management
* Working knowledge of continuous Improvements techniques
* Wide ranging manufacturing process knowledge, across differing materials
in 2-5 axis applications
My client is a first class precision engineering business supporting a broad and diverse customer base across multiple regions. As part of a FTSE 250 business, my client is well supported and passionate about delivering their growth plans over the coming years.
Competitive salary plus benefits