An exciting opportunity for a planning and project accountant to consolidate the 3 business units, Corporate Centre and holding companies within a company, based in London, with a multi-billion pound turnover.
You will be the key contact and focus for a Business unit finance team in London. The role requires a flexible approach to meet the changing commitments of the department
* Get involved with all monthly consolidated financial reporting including performance reports, re-forecasts and the annual planning process including Budgets and the Medium Term Plan.
* Perform financial analysis of actual and planning data for the allocated Business unit, as well as company wide
* Take part in any presentations delivered at Company level for Medium Term Plan, rating agencies, or trustees in assisting the Planning manager.
* Actively challenge the financial performance of the allocated business unit, specifically when any significant deviation from budget and/or prior year performance arises.
* Act as key liaison with Company auditors and any other external parties (i.e. pension experts or minority shareholders).
* Contribute to the quarterly and monthly consolidation package and Forecast and MTP packages in EDIFIS for EDF Group (under IAS).
* Undertake ad hoc projects/action plans as directed by the Financial Control Director, the Head of Planning and Reporting, Reporting Manager and Planning Manager.
* Be capable of acting as strong deputy in absence of the Senior Planning and Reporting Analyst, building relationships and contacts throughout the business as a whole.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the drive and commitment to achieve both personal and organisation results:
* Qualified ACA accountant
* UK GAAP and IFRS
* SAP knowledge is desirable
* Ability to lead a team
* Experience of finance department within large organisation
* Methodical and flexible approach to ensure deadlines are achieved
* Ability to challenge current practice and processes
Our client are one of the market leaders in providing sustainable and responsible energy. They have won a number of prestigious awards for their dedication towards improving the environment as well being nominated for one of the best places to work at. They are very highly regarded, playing a huge part in providing a sustainable energy future.
Planning and reporting accountant role in London. £45000 - £50000 depending on experience with good benefits