My Building and Construction client based in the Potters Bar area are looking for a Payroll Manager to join them on a permanent basis. This business is a market leader within it's field and have grown significantly over the past 18 months.
As a direct consequence of the growth the business's support functions have had an increased work load. As a result there is a need for a Payroll Manager to come on board.
This Payroll Manager position will involve heading up the department that essentially functions as a bureau within the group of companies. Some of the key duties will be:
* Overseeing a central payroll of 700 staff.
* Ensuring that the weekly payroll is administered properly
* Making sure that the monthly payroll is seamless on a regular basis
* Ensuring that the subsidiary companies and project payrolls are ran timely and accurately
* Upskilling current members of the payroll team
* Holding appraisals and developing careers
* Hiring and training new administrators
* Implementing new structures and ideas
* Assisting in any project work
* Assisting with system migrations across multiple parts of the business
The Successful Payroll Manager will:
* Be a strong people manager
* Have experience within the construction industry
* Have the necessary gravitas and personality to be a leader
* Be comfortable implementing change & improvements
* Be excited by the prospect of a business going through change
* Not be daunted by the growth and progression of the business currently
As the business continues to be a success and secure new contracts there are decisions being made to make the organisation more competitive. Implementing new accounting systems, restructuring and ensuring the best talent is hired at management levels are all part of the strategy.
The latter part of the strategy has lead to this position of Payroll Manager becoming available. You will be critical in the successful running of the payroll for multiple parts of the organisation & also will need to take the lead in many of the changes that are forthcoming.
This isn't an opportunity solely for a good Payroller. It is crucial that the successful candidate is a great Manager of people.
On offer for the successful candidate will be
* A competitive salary
* An opportunity to develop ones career
* A good working environment and team
* An opportunity to get involved with change management