The Master Technician will either be based in Johannesburg or Cape Town and will report directly to the Service Manager. The role will not have any direct reports but will work closely with other technicians in multiple working environments. The Master Technician is a highly technical role combined with commercial aspects. The role offers a unique opportunity for cross-border client engagement and travel.
The Master Technician is responsible for providing expert technical support and skills transfer to Company end users, distributors and dealers across the Africa continent
* Maintain conversance with products, services, applications and markets
* Successfully complete training on all relevant products
* Proper understanding and utilisation of service product tools, literature, software and repair methods
* Maintain awareness and promote understanding of environmental product improvements
* Thorough conversance with Safety policies, Procedures, Job Risk Assessments and safe working practices
* Maintain conversance with foreign travel policies and requirements
* Ensure personal travel documents are kept up to date at all times
* Provide technical support in resolving product issues
* Provide on-site technical repairs at product locations within the Africa continent.
* Facilitate on-site support of hard to diagnose product issues
* Provide detailed failure analysis on engine failures
* Drive improvements relevant to service publications
* Maintain updated best in class tooling and equipment
* Facilitate clear communication
* Ensure compliance with Quick-serve Sprint Service Processes
* Maintain open and professional communication relating to service interventions
* Consistent, clear and accurate recording of service information and repair event data
* Maintain close working cooperation with service stakeholders
* Collaborate cross BU with view towards being in service to organization
* Safety, Respect and integrity
* Promote safe working practices and environment ensuring safety of personal as well as other beings
* Exercise high level of respect for all stakeholders treating people with dignity and gratitude
* Embrace corporate code of conduct, treatment of others, foreign corrupt practice and other company values
The successful incumbent will need to have the following characteristics in order to meet the high level of responsibilities that accompany this role:
* Must be an individual who seeks to develop themselves through on-going training and learning.
* High level of communication skills and strategic problem solving capabilities, as the individual must be able to effectively engage with clients and provide solutions patented to the client's needs.
* High level of social and people skills, must be able to work in a team environment.
* Must be passionate and enthusiastic.
* Must be flexible, able to travel on a regular bases and be able to adapt to the working environment.
* Commercially savvy, must be able to provide a quality service and thereby effectively sell the Company Brand.
* Be analytical, able to understand and identify root causes and implement problem solving.
* Be able to work independently, as the role requires a high amount of travelling.
* The individual must be highly responsible, able to plan their schedule prior to carry out a service and to travelling, as well as manage their equipment effectively.
* Have grit and be flexible, be able to handle high pressured environments, in both local and cross- border locations.
* Must be highly ethical in character; must maintain the company morals and values at all times and seek to conduct themselves in manner that creates a positive impression of the organisation as a whole.
Our client is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services engines from and alternative-fuelled electrical generator , as well as related components and technology. Our client serves its customers through its network of company-owned and distributor facilities with more than 5,000 locations in over 150 countries worldwide.
Opportunity to work within a reputable multinational organisation providing a vibrant and energetic work environment which offers;
A competitive basic salary, with an extensive benefits package, including cover of travel costs and a travel allowance.
Bonuses are performance based and are specifically related to how the organisation performs globally.