Our Client is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering to coordinate, organise, and supervise all production process methods and engineering activities that enable production. This includes sustaining engineering, new product launch processes and continuous improvement activities taking over the lead for Quality systems. The position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining all production processes to drive quality and efficiency and to develop manufacturing plans which improve operations competitiveness.
* Develop and define manufacturing concepts/processes to support sheet metal parts manufacturing for HVAC equipment and product enhancement programs, using advanced engineering techniques such as DFM/DFA (Design for Manufacturability and Assembly), FMEA, 3P (Production, Preparation Process) and Lean Six Sigma Methodology.
* Develop manufacturing planning, initial tooling requirements and costs, capability requirements, control plans, standard works and assessments.
* Integrate and collaborate closely with design/test engineering, product engineering, new product program management and support functions
* Review engineering changes and new product designs, estimate cost (materials, labor, and tooling)
* Recommend product / process improvements in sheet metal parts manufacturing by initiating Engineering Change Requests (ECR's) implements such improvements immediately through use of the Deviation process.
* Evaluate manufacturing flows, conduct risk analysis.
* Utilise lean tools for problem solving, A3 management, leader as coach, Kanban, Kaizen, Value Stream mapping, visual factory, pull and error proofing, 5S and cellular manufacturing
* Drive the development and validation of tooling and processes to produce product reliably.
* Coordinate the activities of the Engineering function and encourage the interchange of information, ideas and techniques.
* B .S. in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering (M.S. preferred)
* 5 year's experience with sheet metal processing includes shearing, forming, bending and related fabrication processes.
* 5 years of global technical assistance and leadership to planning and purchase of new manufacturing equipment
* Experience with new product launches and project management.
* Experience with development of manufacturing systems
Key actor in Industry