DSM in Heerlen is looking for a Manager Tax Control & Accounting. Tax accounting is a specific and complex expertise requiring both tax and IFRS knowledge. A close and intense business partnership between the tax accountant, the tax people as well as the accounting people around the globe will be key for this role.
ETR forecasting should be further improved by analyzing and understanding the results of the about 15 business principals within DSM, the interaction with changes in market prices, volumes, tax models, sourcing models, etc., potentially influencing the country allocation and therewith the ETR. There will be an important role in the increasing compliance after implementation of the CbCR rules of BEPS. The Manager Tax Control & Accounting will report directly into the Head of Tax:
* Lead the quarterly and yearly ETR process as input for the results of DSM and ETR forecast for the whole year;
* Lead the collecting and analyzing of all relevant tax (optimization) scenarios and initiate analyses of ETR impact for DSM;
* Initiate analyses and scenario calculations for (cash) tax optimization purposes, i.e. timely utilization of tax losses, M&A (integration), scenario (e.g. exit) calculations, translation of management forecast information in tax forecast information to be used by tax people around the globe and DSM centrally;
* Initiate collecting and analyzing CbCR financial information to be provided to tax authorities globally (BEPS) and to public (EU); prepare financial analyses/bridges from IFRS (as in CbCR) to tax reporting and local tax returns in close cooperation with Regional Financial Control Organization, the Transfer Pricing Manager and Group Accounting;
* Build standardized automated reports/dashboards, in close cooperation with Regional Financial Control Organizations and Group Accounting;
* Lead the analysis of the impact of transfer pricing, tax modelling, business results/changes, etc. on the ETR by reviewing results of resellers / agents & contract manufacturers / tollers & business principals;
* Responsible for creating and maintaining an adequate understanding and applying of IAS 12 across DSM. To be accomplished via face-to-face training, as well as further development and maintaining of relevant e-learnings in this area.
* A relevant degree in Tax and affinity with Accounting, or the other way around;
* Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience, within Big 4, a law firm or the tax department of a multinational;
* Knowledge of tax and IFRS in general and IAS 12 in specific;
* Knowledge of SAP SEM and SAP R3;
* Business partner for tax and accounting people around the globe for tax accounting;
* Ability to effectively interact with a variety of stakeholders;
* Pro-active, self-starting, making it happen, independent, flexible, curious for information.
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam and looking for a Manager Tax Control & Accounting.
DSM offers competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits.