Management Accountant / East Sussex / Finance
* Preparing monthly management accounts and Flash reports with commentaries.
* To compare actual results against budget and investigate significant variances.
* Preparing budgets and forecasts, assisting senior managers with relevant working papers.
* Maintaining the fixed asset register ensuring all postings are consistent with group policies.
* Preparing consolidated management accounts.
* Reporting the group KPIs.
* Cashflow forecasting.
* Balance sheet preparation.
* Preparing and compiling board papers.
* Preparing FSA financial returns and assisting in the preparation of other regulatory requirements.
* Investment appraisal and product profitability reporting.
* Assisting in the preparation of group support service charges.
* Supplier/Partner/Property audit visits to ensure all income is recorded correctly and appropriate controls are in place.
* Preparing finance polices and procedures. Assessing the strengths/weaknesses of internal controls/processes and advising of improvements.
* Maintaining, developing and operating the computerised financial accounting records/ledgers and other software used to support the business.
* Financial planning & assisting divisional managers with the development of business plans.
* To prepare VAT returns for the HMRC, deal with any related queries. Prepare and deal with HMRC inspections and liaise with the companies VAT consultant.
* To assist in VAT planning.
* Monthly control account reconciliations.
* Statutory accounts preparation and liaising with external auditors.
* Preparing the working papers required as backup to the statutory financial statements including disclosure requirements.
* Assisting with corporation tax computations, returns and queries.
* Maintaining and controlling the funds held in the legal entity bank accounts.
* To actively contribute and participate towards your continued development.
* Manage and train junior members of staff and be responsible for their development and supervision.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified in finance either looking for a first move from practice or have a strong SME background.
My client are a market leading, extremely successful business based in East Sussex