This entry level position with a global commodities business, with fantastic offices in Central London offers the opportunity to gain experience to international indirect tax issues.
Reporting to the VAT Compliance Manager, the main responsibility is assistance with the compilation of VAT returns for several entities in Europe, Canada, Japan, Singapore and Australia.
Key deliverables include:
* Consolidation of information for numerous VAT and GST returns;
* Producing and managing numerous VAT and GST returns for several countries. This entails using account journals that the Operations department have booked to reconcile our accounts and ensuring all invoices are VAT compliant;
* Working with the Operations and Traffic teams to correct any invoices or request suppliers make corrections;
* Reconcile the relevant VAT accounts in the GL monthly;
* Other projects/tasks as required
* Graduate with work experience ideally pursuing prof accounting qualification
* Good interpersonal and communications skills; team player
* Well organised and detail-oriented
* Intermediate skills on Microsoft tools, particularly Excel
* Basic technical knowledge of VAT a plus but not required
A global commodities trader involved in trading oil, metals, gas & power, freight and other commodities. The Indirect Tax group in London provide global in-house expertise, primarily in VAT. The Group brings together technical experts who advise business units, with controllers who have an understanding of the processes, systems and accounting principles.
A competitive package